Thursday, May 19, 2011

chadchad of the day 3.5

IMG_0039
IMG_0037
blue cardigan / Acne
purple plaid shirt with safety pin shoulders / reformed UNIQLO
teeth & studs necklace / Topshop
baggy acid wash jeans / Topman
white 'xoxo' sneakers / reformed Plimsols

IMG_0105

IMG_0045
Greetings from Amsterdam! Well, officially I'm back in London, but I barely had internet access on my 2 day trip so I'm updating my 'chadchad of the day: Amsterdam edition' after the fact. I haven't been to Amsterdam since I spent a summer here during university working as an au pair for a Dutch family. What a summer! It was nice being in the city again & reminiscing about how much has changed in my life since I last stepped foot on these cobblestone streets. Amsterdam has changed too - it feels like the entire city is under construction, everywhere from Centraal Station to the palace to both the Rijksmuseum & the Stedelijk museum in Museumplein. It looks a little junky actually but I'm sure it will clean up & be back to its beautiful self in a few years.

IMG_0041
I wanted to build an outfit around one of the tartan plaid shirts I've reformed to sell on ASOS Market. I cut the sleeves off this UNIQLO shirt of Burger's then added rows of safety pins to each shoulder to give it a punk edge.  It also looks good worn over a light graphic tank top.  You can buy this shirt HERE.

IMG_0003
I rocked my 'XOXO' banner Plimsols the entire time I was in Amsterdam which wasn't the best idea as we walked more than I thought we would. I was hoping to explore via bicycle as the Dutch so adorably do but Burger's cycling skills are lacking & we thought we'd better keep out of any emergency rooms while on vacation. I reformed a similar pair of size 8's that you can buy at ASOS Market HERE.

IMG_0049
It was chilly & overcast the entire time we were in the Netherlands, but fortunately I packed Burger's ultra comfy Acne knit cardigan to keep me warm.  It's so thick & cozy & grandpa-riffic.  I've been wearing it straight for a week.

xoxochadchad

1 comment:

  1. Love reading (&seeing) about your new London life, Chad! Also, I really dig your molar necklace. Did you make that?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails