Saturday, March 26, 2011

chadchad of the day 3.0

IMG_0068
denim & mesh jacket / reformed vintage Levi's
white graphic tee / Proudrace
silver fingernail necklace / Cheap Monday
black denim / no brand
black sunglasses / Resurrection
black shoes / Converse
black fanny pack / vintage

Wow, this is my 30th 'chadchad of the day'! I'm having so much fun doing these & am excited about continuing them in the future. It might be a challenge to make it happen while on hiatus in Canada for a month since I'll have a limited wardrobe & there's like 2 feet of snow, but perhaps that will just challenge me to thrift better & be more creative with my outfits. Maybe I'll even do a mini version with my kid brother & sister!

IMG_0081
Anyway, for today's outfit I wanted to feature one of the denim jackets I reformed using bleach & mesh. I made about 6 similar ones, some substituting lace instead of mesh, to sell at the flea market at Bar Exit this afternoon.

IMG_0004
This is how I found the jacket while thrifting at Dongmyo market which cost W5,000 ($5US). First I ripped sections out of the jacket, two on the upper front and two panels on the back sides, and left the frayed edges.

IMG_0006
IMG_0062IMG_0063
Then I soaked the jacket in a bleach water mixture, rinsed it in a water bath & washed it in the washing machine. Be careful if you try to do this, those bleach fumes are hella toxic. I wore swimming goggles, a face mask & rubber gloves when in the bathroom and I still felt a bit woozy. Also make sure the room you do it in can be ventilated well with an open window.

IMG_0060 IMG_0061
Finally I added mesh panels using my roommates sewing machine. I am way happy with the result. It looks great worn with bright colors as well because you can see the color through the mesh. I also want to be a little scandalous one day & try it out with nothing underneath to show my skin.

IMG_0038
IMG_0086
The tee shirt was handprinted especially for me by a brand called Proudrace in Manilla. Click HERE to see the blog I wrote about them.  I picked up the Cheap Monday fingernail necklace at a shop called Flow on Garosugil / 가로수길 after sporting it in a fashion challenge on an episode of 'Style Magazine' for OnStyle with my friends Cory, Coco & David.  Click HERE for that post.

xoxochadchad


3 comments:

  1. A greating from a new reader of yours ^^

    I got to you through Noonablog, and wow, it's so amazing to read a blog of a fashionista living in Seoul(yes, another k-culture-obsessed here). And you seem to be such a creative person too. Anyways, will be looking forward to your future outfit posts and life in Seoul;>

    www.snowdwarf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit, kind of give a vintage feeling..^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog I love it :) thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails