Thursday, March 3, 2011

chadchad of the day 2.6

IMG_0011
yellow plaid shirt / reformed vintage
cut off denim / bleached vintage
paint splatter leggings / vintage
blue sneakers / Adidas
purple monster backpack / no brand

Screen shot 2011-03-04 at 3.57.10 PM
Today my friend Cory & I were asked to come up with a street fashion inspired look to wear along with the Kai-Aakmann military jackets pictured above for the April issue of Vogue Girl Korea. She wore the black one while I wore the khaki.  Unfortunately I didn't sneak a shot on my iPhone with the jacket on, but they will be sending us each a jacket in the mail soon enough. It actually has a cute 'Kai-Bat' stitched onto the back and is a great light layering piece for spring.

IMG_0015
I wore it along with this yellow plaid shirt I reformed to sell at the Bling Night Flea Market at Platoon tomorrow. I sewed a shiny pleather western inspired patch onto the upper left shoulder as well as adding some stud detailing.

IMG_0024
These Jackson Pollock-esque leggings are actually an ultra badass unitard complete with shin-pads that I thrifted at Dongmyo flea market for about $1. I wore them under a pair of cutoffs that I dipped in bleach to make a subtle gradation of color from light to dark.  I was given the sneakers almost two years ago (yikes!) after modeling for the Adidas 60th Anniversary party at Platoon with a few of my friends.  Check out that collection of photos here, it was a ridiculous fun time: http://bit.ly/csFgft 

IMG_0013
I bought this angry little purple monster backpack for only W12,000 ($12US). I think I'll send it to my baby sister for her 11th birthday. Hopefully she'll be somewhat impressed that it was shown in Vogue Girl, but that's probably unlikely. She's a tough nut to crack that kid.

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails