Monday, March 14, 2011

chadchad of the day 2.8

IMG_0083
light grey hoodie / H&M
charcoal grey tank top / H&M
white lightning bolt patterned denim / W. Dress Room
black sneakers / Converse

IMG_0088
Last Thursday I stopped by the General Idea showroom with my friend Kyuhee for a collaboration party & W. Dress Room sale. General Idea is a Korean menswear brand designed by Bum Suk Choi / 최범석 and W. Dress Room is his less expensive, faster produced sister brand that carries both men's & women's clothing. I picked up these lightning bolt skinny jeans for only W10,000! ($10 US). I thought they might be a bit small as the sizing was just a vague 'large' so I had originally intended to reform them in some way, but fortunately they fit like a glove.

I bought the hood and tank top on Friday at H&M after model auditions for Seoul Fashion Week. A little shopping usually de-stresses me. The tank was actually found in the women's section, I just bought the biggest size available. If you aren't too shy the ladies section at H&M is worth checking out, they often have some pretty rad tanks that are very unisex and quite long.

DPP_0001
The General Idea collaboration was called 'Teardrops, be Waterdrops'. Four Korean artists including my friends Dabin and Novo, were asked to design T-shirts with proceeds going to help children in Africa. For more information about the collaboration and to see some photos from the party (some of which I borrowed for this blog), check out Korean street snap photographer Paparazzo's website HERE.

novo
This is my friend Novo with his white t-shirt in the background. Novo aka Jeong Eun Kang / 정은강 or 'Novo Korea Warrior' is also a well-known tattoo artist in Seoul. Check out his site HERE.

DPP_0046
This is my friend Dabin Ahn / 안다빈 with his continental African print tee.

Check out some of General Idea collections I've photographed in the past:
Spring/Summer 2011
Fall/Winter 2010/11
Spring Summer 2010
Fall/Winter 2009

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails