Friday, March 18, 2011

chadchad of the day 2.9

IMG_0079
yellow polka dot shirt / vintage
black cutoff shorts / no brand
black boots / army boots
black hat / no brand
baby doll necklace / handmade

I am so in love with this yellow shirt right now, especially the square polka dots (polka squares?). I thrifted it at Dongmyo flea market for W3,000 ($3US) and I've had people say it reminds them of everyone from Uncle Joey on Full House to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air - both amazing references.

IMG_0082
I handmade this necklace out of little Japanese toys - kind of action figure meets baby like creatures. I originally bought them for a few dollars at another market then attached them using black glue gun & black jewelry rings before adding the black chain.

IMG_0086
These boots were bought at an online shop in Seoul, but I've seen quite a few like them in large sizes in the military section at Namdaemun market behind Shinsegye department store in Myeongdong. I don't think these are real military boots since they have a zip up the side, but they do the trick and are much easier to get on and off than forever tying up laces.

The knit hat, or 'toque' as my fellow Canadians would call it, is from a random street vendor in Seoul. The weather is in that middle stage of warming up where it feels way hot in the sun but frigid in the shade so the toque and the shorts sort of balance each other out.

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails