Tuesday, March 8, 2011

chadchad of the day 2.7

YSL blogger
grey cropped blazer / no brand
circuit board patterned tank / handmade
baggy jodhpurs / W Dress Room
blue clutch / vintage Louis Vuitton
military hat / British vintage
black leather gloves with grey knit arm warmers / no brand
black patent leather boots / Dior Homme

IMG_0002
I found this basically brand new bolt of material a week or so ago while thrifting at Dongmyo flea market with my friend Cory. The black & eggplant purple circuit board pattern immediately drew my attention & when the lady said she was selling the entire bolt for only W10,000 ($10 US), I knew I had to have it.

IMG_0004
I'm definitely not much of a pattern maker & my sewing skills are mediocre at best so I started by making a simple tank top, copying the pattern of another tank I already have in my wardrobe. I'm not very good at making the edges curve perfectly but the shape is exactly what I wanted and I'm happy enough with the outcome. I even sold the extra one I made at the Night Flea Market last Saturday. My next goal: a pair of jodhpurs like the pleated W Dress Room (sister brand to General Idea by Choi Bum Suk) pair I am wearing in this photo, but to play it safe I'll probably leave out pleats as well as the pockets. I don't want to get in over my head just yet.

IMG_0011
This vintage Louis Vuitton clutch is yet another Dongmyo find. (I seriously have collected a pretty major percentage of my wardrobe from that place). I'm not sure how to tell if it is an actual vintage Vuitton or if it's a well-made knockoff, but I loved the bright blue color.

Calvin Dries Versace
Calvin Klein Collection / Dries Van Noten / Versace

And from browsing through my Style.com app as often as I do, bright & bold blues are popping up all over men's runways this fall/winter on everything from leather gloves to jackets & suits.

IMG_0024
I bought both the leather gloves & the grey knit arm warmers at a street stand in Dongdaemun for W8,000 each. I got the idea of pairing them together after seeing my friend Peter rock a set this winter. Great look, but a bit of a pain having to take them both off everytime I want to use my iPhone. I should really just cut a small hole at the end of the thumb on the leather glove. Or perhaps I should just keep the gloves and buy a Korean sausage from 7-11 to use instead of my fingers like so many other people in Seoul are supposedly doing when the temperature drops. Check out this YouTube video for a demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv02XeCMQFs

IMG_0001
I found this vintage British army hat which is called a Glengarry bonnet at Camden Market while I was in London over the holidays. I might cut the red pompom off in the future but I love the tails hanging down the back. I originally wore it when my friend Burger took me out to see all the best club freaks of London at the Shabba Dabba Da party on New Year's Eve, where I covered it with all sorts of vintage army & school uniform pins to add to the military look.

IMG_0059
Shabba Dabba Da New Year's Eve @ Avalon / http://bit.ly/eyxSjt

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails