Tuesday, December 14, 2010

gift from resurrection designer juyoung lee

IMG_0003

IMG_0004
www.resurrectionbyjuyoung.com

IMG_0015
If any of you have read my twitter I'm sure you've heard me rave about Resurrection's eyewear line. Korean designer Juyoung Lee has included the sunglasses in her past two collections during Seoul Fashion Week and now the line has finally launched here in Seoul. They can be bought at her showroom in Chungdam-dong or I've also seen them at an eyewear shop in COEX Mall near the movie theatres.

IMG_0362

IMG_0358
I've been to the Resurrection studio a few times for fittings, but when I went to pick up the sunglasses yesterday it was my first time checking out the showroom. The blood red walls, multitude of crosses and dark, kingly furniture give the space a sort of royal cemetery atmosphere.

IMG_0353
The glasses come in two shapes - round or square, and have either a shiny or a matte finish. I chose the round, matte black pair which I've been in love with since her FW 10/11 collection back in March. The red satin lined silver snakeskin box they came in is pure luxe and the minimal stud detailing on the arms is perfection. I'm also a fan of the tortoise shell or electric blue color.

d1670d7c_1230_resurrectionparty_poster_580
Resurrection will be having a year end party at Club Vera in Hongdae on December 30th which sadly I'll miss as I'll be in London for the holidays.  Also, check out some links to backstage & runway shots I've taken at Resurrections shows over the past few years:
Resurrection SS 09
Resurrection FW 09/10
Resurrection SS 10
Resurrection FW 10/11
Resurrection SS 11

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails