Saturday, December 18, 2010

chadchad of the day 1.2

IMG_0006
black cape / Cabane de Zucca
white shirt / Ryul + Wai
black leather zip tie / vintage
grey high waisted pants with red stripe / vintage de Moulin Bros & Co.
black leather boots / US Army Surplus
black leather cropped gloves / no brand
black watch / Casio
black face mask / no brand

It's been trying to snow off and on again a few times here in Seoul, but most of it melts as soon as it hits the ground. I was feeling a little under the weather on Friday when I took this photo so in true Korean style I wore my face mask. When I first moved to Seoul I thought they were the creepiest thing to wear in public, but a lot of the population wear them when they are sick so they don't spread or catch other peoples germs or during the infamous 'Yellow Dust' season in the spring. They were also commonly seen a few years ago when the bird flu scare was going around. Usually they are white and very surgical looking, but if you search hard enough you can find them in a variety of colors or even with cartoons on them for children. I think this black one adds a dark, sinister sort of element to this outfit.

IMG_0026
I bought the cape a few years ago at an online shop in Seoul called Alvo (www.alvo.co.kr). It has two rows of buttons that go all the way up the thick collar and is actually quite warm, especially if layered over another jacket.

The high waisted pants were an amazing find at a select shop in Apgujeong called San Francisco Market. Exactly my size and such a dramatic shape. Korean designer Han Sang Hyuk actually did this style of pant in his debut 'Sherlock Holmes' collection as creative director for MVIO FW 2009/10.

The basic white shirt was a gift from Korean designers Ryul+Wai, SEID & Gradual Mein after I walked in their collection a few seasons ago. Here are some links to a few of their shows I've been in:

Ryul+Wai, SEID & Gradual Mein SS 10
Ryul+Wai & Eiswein FW 09/10

IMG_0009
I love this 80's skinny zip tie which I found in a Value Village in Canada for about $2.00. I don't wear it near enough. The gloves are a fun way to accessorize as well - great for texting but unfortunately not warm enough to wear day to day in the dead of winter.

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails