Friday, December 3, 2010

chadchad of the day 0.7

absolute
navy cap sleeved blazer / reformed vintage
black & white polka-dot shirt / BON
grey shorts / Raf Simons
purple, black & grey nordic leggings / from Japan
black leather ankle boots / Aldo
silver & crystal crown brooch / vintage

IMG_0174
Last night was the Absolute Vodka "glimmer" party at Platoon Kunsthalle, dress code: sparkling! I don't have a lot of bling in my wardrobe so I worked my outfit around this crown shaped brooch that I found at a vintage shop in Calgary a few summers ago. It had this great Sunday promotion where you can fit as much clothing as you can into a brown paper bag for only 10 dollars - holla. I also thought the polka-dots on this BON shirt were somewhat glimmery, but maybe that's a stretch. Party pics will be coming soon:)

IMG_0052 IMG_0089

IMG_0058

IMG_0054
It had originally bought the vintage school uniform blazer at Gwangjang market for W15,000 to wear at my friend Cory's X-Rated: Reform School party at Club Heaven in September. I had cut the sleeves off to make them sort of cap-sleeved, added pencils on the shoulders and push pins around the collar as studs and wore it with a school emblem style brooch. For the Absolute party I took all those accessories off and changed the gold buttons to black with a silver edge for a classier look which I'm happy about because now I can wear it more often.

IMG_0170
The boots were basically stolen from my friend Tim. It's hard to find my size in Korea (12+US or 290~300 Korean) and he barely ever wore them so I 'adopted' them while he is traveling in Columbia. They are so comfortable, I wear them all the time and usually over my jeans. A lot of people prefer ankle boots worn under the jeans but I like these ones worn over. The nordic patterned leggings were a great find in Fukuoka, Japan last winter. I always liked the look of winter shorts & leggings and they were all over Japanese street fashion pictures I had seen. Nowadays you can find all sorts of similar styles on the streets & underground shopping centers in Seoul for W5,000 to $10,000.

xoxochadchad



1 comment:

  1. Agreed about the amazing patterned leggings from Japan. Bare legged seems so childish now. I too am a huge fan of shorts over leggings for guys.

    http://www.cambio.co.jp/fs/cambio/mp522

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails