Sunday, December 5, 2010

chadchad of the day 0.8

indian hat1
black sweatshirt / no brand
pink, teal, black & white aztec print shorts / vintage
black cracked shiny leggings / American Apparel
pink, teal, black & gold cap / reformed vintage and H&M mash-up
elephant print gold chain / handmade
black sneakers / Converse

IMG_0001
This was the outfit I wore to the shhhACHE! party on Saturday night, but since I didn't get a quality full length shot at the club I decided to recreate it this afternoon outside my apartment. The inspiration was this ratty, old vintage hat with an Indian/elephant pattern I found at Dongmyo vintage market for W1,000. The plastic inside the bill of the hat was completely rotten and the rest of it was in no better shape so I decided to mash it up with a teal baseball cap I bought at H&M.

IMG_0002

IMG_0003 IMG_0004
I used a seam ripper to take out the lining and to separate the hat into sections. Then I used a glue gun with black glue to attach the sections onto the teal hat, starting by glueing the original bill to the underside of the teal hat's brim, since I would be wearing it tilted back. I LOVE black glue for glue guns - it's amazing when working with anything black so you don't see the strings of clear glue but you can also use it as part of the design itself. I left one of the triangle sections on the back of the cap empty to show more of the original teal color then glued it to felt and attached a gold chain to make it into a matching necklace.

IMG_0003-2
The shorts were actually a short & tee combo (complete with shoulder pads!) that I found over the summer in a vintage store in Medicine Hat, Alberta where I studied Visual Communications in college. I originally wore them as a set when Handsome Furs were at Club Vera in August. I love the aztec pattern and the early 90's colors. I always pictured some small town elementary school teacher with overly permed hair wearing them on vacation to Disneyland with her family, complete with fanny pack and some dangly plastic earrings. /

xoxochadchad

2 comments:

  1. wow i love this tutorial !! unfortunately i dont have too many male readers or girls who would actually think this amazing, otherwise i'd reblog it immediatly !
    lovely, i like : ) !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails