Thursday, November 25, 2010

chadchad of the day 0.5

IMG_0007
camel knit vest / vintage
long beige transparent tee / Unplugged
fox fur stole / vintage
gold brooch / vintage
white denim / Plac Jeans
moccasins / Michele Secchiari

IMG_0015

/ I found this fox fur stole a couple of weeks ago in Dongmyo vintage market, along with the knit vest so I thought I'd put together a very neutral outfit for today's look. It's hard to tell from the photograph but the t-shirt is actually quite long, almost down to my knees. I usually knot it up in the bottom corner to give it an asymmetrical look but sometimes I rock it long as well. The gold brooch was a birthday present from a friend and old roommate who now lives in Toronto. We share a love of vintage, costume jewelry.

IMG_0013

I picked up the Italian leather moccasins at Getoutside Shoes on Queen Street in downtown Toronto (amazing selection) when I visited there for the first time over the summer. A friend of my calls them my 'Lindsay Lohan circa 2008' boots, but they are so comfortable and since I'm Canadian I can just say they are part of my heritage - ha.

IMG_0024

The PLAC white jeans are such an amazing fit and they have this great waxed coating on them. I did one modeling gig for PLAC and was also given a few pairs when I took street fashion pictures for them in August. These white ones were a gift for taking party photos at a PLAC sponsored WhiteNoize party at Club Answer. Here are a few links to some PLAC related entries:

PLAC denim x Jean Julien polo shirt collaboration
PLAC sponsored WhiteNoize party: White Hot Summer
PLAC denim street fashion 1
PLAC denim street fashion 2

IMG_0019

I'm kind of a nerd for antiques as you can tell from my living room and I love elaborate frames - I found the 3-D Jesus on the street by my house actually and some of the other artwork was done by myself or my friends. These two photographs are vintage street fashion from the late 40's/early 50's. They are my paternal grandparents Noni & Peter Burton and the photographs were taken in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. My grandfather died in 1997 but my Nani Noni is still around and I spend as much time with her as I can each summer when I go home. Both were hero's of mine throughout my lifetime for their kindness, their love and even for their fashion. Grandpa always wore some sort of a hat which I copied a lot growing up, and Nan was always wearing neutrals with bright autumn yellows, oranges & reds to match her fiery red hair. These photographs mean a lot to me and they were definitely part of my inspiration for starting this blog.

xoxochadchad

2 comments:

  1. i love this outfit today, especially the pin on the fur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jeans are hot :) The waxing looks good with the colour. sometimes waxy black looks so generic, but waxy white is cool.

    and can i just say, i really like how you've furnished your apartment with all your bits and pieces? it looks like something out of one of those home style magazines. i'd love my house to look like that, but cleaning must take aaages ><

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails