Sunday, November 21, 2010

chadchad of the day 0.2

IMG_0041

IMG_0040

IMG_0042

IMG_0043

blue Donald Duck sweater / vintage Disney
denim shirt / vintage from A-land
black denim / no brand
green hat with pom poms / no brand
blue sneakers / Adidas
yellow socks / UNIQLO
acid wash backpack / vintage

/ I opted for something warm and cozy today since I was going to be shooting outside for my roommates fashion portfolio (coming soon) up the hill at Ruf XXX near the Hyatt Hotel, which is also where I had my XXX birthday party back in September. I heart this place so much. The main floor is the bar with pingpong table, lots of cozy, patterned blankets and an outdoor fire pit. The second floor is a performance space and the rooftop has lots more seating with an amazing view of N Seoul Tower and the city.

I was so happy when I found my backpack at Gwangjang Market / 광장시장 in Jongno 5-Ga a few months ago as I had been searching all over Seoul for the perfect backpack with the right amount of pockets. Gwangjang Market is a great place to find anything vintage, but can be somewhat overwhelming due to the sheer amount of clothing and the cramped space. I got the Adidas sneakers as a gift after being one of the party models for Adidas's 60th Anniversary party last winter and I like how they contrast with the mustard yellow socks, which also match Donald's beak ;)  The hat was just a street find from Garosugil.

The Donald sweater was one of many amazing finds at my favorite place to shop in Seoul - Dongmyo Flea Market / 돟묘시장 on line 6. I go there weekly to scour through the piles of vintage clothes usually sold for only W1000 to W2000 each ($1~2 US). You can find great stuff for your house too. I bought the area rug, the candlesticks and every article of clothing in the picture below from Dongmyo.

IMG_0011

IMG_0036

IMG_0024

IMG_0027

xoxochadchad

2 comments:

  1. I love your bag!! I've been looking for a backpack for ages as well, but can never seem to find the right one.

    Also loving your eclectic but very artistic collection of home products, although how did you move that rug from the markets to your house??

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha "eclectic" - i like that. the rug was in a roll and fit in a taxi with the front seat down, sticking out the passenger side window haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails