Saturday, November 20, 2010

chadchad of the day 0.1

IMG_0003
IMG_0006
IMG_0004
black studded trench coat / Undercover (reformed)
black cropped sweater / OAK / 
Grace Jones tank top / no brand
white dinosaur necklace / handmade
grey denim / J.Lindeberg
white ballet flats / no brand (reformed)

/ It's my first 'chadchad of the day'! Since I'm going to see Autokratz tonight here http://bit.ly/bfYinq I didn't want to wear a thick warm jacket so I opted for the trench coat I reformed and wore the opening day of fashion week. I bought the spikes at Dongdaemun fabric market and put them on using an awl, a hammer and a metal base. They were kind of expensive for studs, W600 each (~50 cents US) and I used around 60 of them. But I think it's 30 dollars well spent to transform a basic black jacket into something much edgier.

IMG_0012 IMG_0011

IMG_0015

The dinosaur necklace is something I created as well. I've made quite a few using plastic children's toys, spray paint and gold or black chain to sell at monthly flea markets around Seoul like the Ecomarket by Cracker Your Wardrobe magazine or the Bling magazine Night Flea Market at Platoon Kunsthalle. Come to the next one on December 11th or message me and I can special order one just for you^^

IMG_0003
check out some of the other necklaces I've made: http://www.thexoxokids.com/2010/11/platoonbling-night-flea-market-vol-14.html

The cropped sweater is one of a few things I recently ordered from Oak NYC and love.  It drapes on the body so well. The jeans I've had for years and just can't give up even though they have so many patched holes in the crotch, which I'm convinced happen to all my jeans because I'm a fast walker in tight jeans.  ha. The tank top is something I found in a random little shop in Toronto over the summer - there was a Karl Lagerfeld one as well which I totally should have bought.  The shoes I've had for a few years as well (as you can tell by how worn in and in need of a polish they are) but just recently traded their original basic black laces for transparent ribbon, inspired by the black ballet flats I wore in the ALANI SS11 show during Seoul Collection. /

IMG_0007

xoxochadchad

1 comment:

  1. i love what you did with your jacket! $30 well spent indeed :) i adore your blog/style by the way! i'm currently living in seoul and i've been wanting to attend one of the infamous fleamarkets you always mention, but time never allows. so i'm hoping i can make it out to the one on december 11th!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails