Monday, November 22, 2010

chadchad of the day 0.3

IMG_0016

IMG_0008

IMG_0007
camel trench coat / vintage Christian Dior (reformed)
denim shirt / W Dress Room
silk scarf / BON
black denim / no brand
brown socks / UNIQLO
burgundy loafers / Zara

/ There's nothing more perfect to wear on a sunny, crisp fall day than a classic trench coat. I picked this one up at Jamie & Bell vintage in Apgujeong just off Rodeo Street. It's a tiny little shop stocked full of amazing vintage from US & Europe and their jewelry and accessories are frequently used in editorials in all the biggest Korean fashion magazines from Vogue to Nylon to Bazaar. So you can imagine the prices. I don't usually splurge on clothes, actually I'm quite cheap. But this was so classic I knew I could have it for the rest of my life and cooly dropped the W300,000 for it. However soon after I bought it I had a bit of buyer's remorse - I wasn't wearing it often enough because it was a little too chunky and a little too long. To fix that, I took it to a local tailor (such cheap tailoring in Korea) to have it taken in slightly in the waist as well as to shorten the front panels, creating longer tails in the back. I loved the outcome - much more dramatic, yet still retaining it's classic appeal.

IMG_0004

IMG_0002

I bought the denim shirt with white buttons at the Gangnam Fashion Festival flea market held in October on Garosugil in Sinsa for only W10,000. It was made by W Dress Room, the sister brand of Choi Bumsuk's General Idea brand, and much better priced. My friend got the adorable loli-pop patterned scarf as a gift when he watched me walk in the "Playground" themed BON SS11 show by designer Lee Jung Jae at Seoul Collection.  /

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails