Tuesday, November 23, 2010

chadchad of the day 0.4

IMG_0005
black leather motorcyle jacket / vintage from Aprogod
white & black graphic hoodie / General Idea
grey sweater / no brand
chess piece necklace / A-Land
acid wash denim / April 77
black leather ankle boots / Aldo
red, black & white wall hanging / Marimekko

/ You will see me in this motorcyle jacket a lot. It's almost like my uniform. I found it at my friend/형 Shiggy's vintage shop in it's new location in Hyehwa-Dong called Aprogod for only W30,000. I met Shiggy almost 3 years ago when he first moved to Seoul from Pusan in his first shop located near the playground in Hongdae. My friends at the time and I would often go there on weekends to chat, sift through his collection and people watch from his prime 2nd floor location on all the kids wandering the streets before heading to a club for the night. I miss that spot and definitely don't meet up with him as often as I would like. Aprogod is also one of the sponsors of the Eco Jamboree flea market at N Seoul tower - so you can see him in his booth every month there.

The wall hanging behind me is a vintage Marimekko print that I found in my grandmothers basement. It's a little water stained but I love the atmosphere it added when I hung it on the wall of my bedroom.

IMG_0017

The graphic patterned hoodie is a new favorite of mine as well. I also found it at the Gangnam Fashion festival flea market last month for a very nicely reduced price of W40,000. General Idea is made by Korean designer Choi Bumsuk, who I had a chance to walk for a few times in the summer of 2009. Here are links to all of his runway shows that I have covered over the past couple years:

General Idea SS11 @ Seoul Collection
General Idea FW10/11 @ Seoul Collection
General Idea SS10 @ the Hyatt Hotel
General Idea FW09/10 @ Koobar

IMG_0022

I found the chess piece necklace last week at A-Land in Myeongdong (the best A-Land out of 4 in Seoul). It had a few extra dangly things that I took off and I also added about a foot of gold chain to lengthen it. The red double decker bus pin always confused me because it says 'New York Tour' rather than anything to due with London. I picked that up for W1,000 at Dongmyo flea market. I glued a pin to the back of my Star Wars Bearbrick, which was given to me by another 형 Uji who is also one of my hairdressers. He is always impeccably dressed and has a street fashion site called Yuji.kr. /

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails