Saturday, January 22, 2011

chadchad of the day 1.9

IMG_0027 IMG_0022
white shirt / Ryul + Wai
embroidered rope necklace / handmade
black drop crotch pants / W Dress Room
skull & crossbones socks / no brand
lace up sandals / Alani
black suede jacket with leather detailing / no brand

IMG_0039
Coco Rosie is playing in Seoul tonight and I knew I wanted something bold to wear to the show. The inspiration for this necklace came from browsing through the looks of Andre J. from Manila on Lookbook.nu. His styling is dramatic & whimsical and he always has very unique jewelry & ornate jackets.  A favorite look is a layered & jewelled bib he created.  So when I was picking up a few supplies at the Dongdaemun fabric market yesterday and came across these embroidered rope details, I knew I had to try to create a similar look for myself.  Here is a before & after look at the embroidery:

IMG_0002
/ It actually started out as 3 pieces - 2 black, 1 white, which I sewed together.

IMG_0006_2
/ I moved the tassle to the bottom of the bigger piece then added black chain.

IMG_0037
I definitely won't be wearing these gorgeous red-soled sandals by Korean designer Alani (which I wrote about in my previous post) out to the show tonight. They are way too new and pretty to be stepped on by hundreds of concert-goers, but I knew I couldn't wait until the weather was warm enough in spring to incorporate them into an outfit. Instead I matched them with these cute skull & crossbones socks I found at a street vendor in Seoul. I thought it was a long shot to pair these ribbon lace ups with socks of any kind but I was pleased to see they actually turned out to make a great combination!

ps. thanks to my roommate Andrea for taking the photos!

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails