Friday, January 7, 2011

chadchad of the day 1.6

IMG_0009
denim vest with feather collar / reformed vintage
white deep tee / reformed American Apparel
grey fedora / Bailey
black wrist cuff / MVIO
black watch / Casio
black denim / no brand
red plaid flask / vintage Ballentine's
brown leather keychain wallet / Iberia
white shoes / reformed no brand

IMG_0029
Tonight is the Bling magazine Night Flea Market at Platoon Kunsthalle and as I'm one of the sellers, I decided to reform a bunch of denim jackets & vests using black feathers, tassle and other scraps of things I had around the house. I wore it with my spanking new Bailey fedora that my friend Burger gave me for Christmas and my black MVIO cuff that was actually the invitation to MVIO by Han Sang Hyuk's SS2011 Collection last fall.

IMG_0014
The t-shirt is just a scabby old deep V from American Apparel that I reformed by pulling apart the threads to make a see-through stripe the runs up the right side all the way to the shoulder. A bit scandalous if worn alone due to the nipple action but it doesn't bother me as I'm no stranger to scandal ;).

The flask was a present from my friend Sharon who helped to write an article about me in NYLON Guys September 2010 issue. Love carrying around that flask because who knows when a little social lubricant will come in handy.

My friend Coco found the leather wallet pouch for me in Beijing. It's hung on a solid brass Japanese jean ring that I've had forever (lifetime guarantee) which I bought in Tokyo. The cute little Shamrock Care Bear key chain is another gift from Burger.

IMG_0001

IMG_0002
I picked up these cheap cheap white sneakers on Brick Lane in London for only 5 pounds. I decided to reform them vintage tattoo style with the sparrows holding 'XOXO' banners and the knuckle tatt style writing. I was way happy with the result even though I know they are going to get disgusting dirty in like one night.

Screen shot 2011-01-08 at 3.13.45 PM
Here are a few of the denim goodies that I shredded, tassle, safety pinned, studded, cropped, etc for the flea market. (all except for the floral bedazzled jacket which was that awesome when I found it). I've had those feathers forever after wearing them on a blazer with a fishnet mask for Whitenoize 5 at Club Mansion. Glad I finally got a chance to make good use out of them. Stop by Platoon tonight and give me some money y'all!

IMG_0001 IMG_0002

IMG_0003 IMG_0004

IMG_0005 IMG_0006

IMG_0008 IMG_0009

IMG_0010 IMG_0013

IMG_0011 IMG_0012

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails