Sunday, January 16, 2011

chadchad of the day 1.8

tassled-jacket
black suede jacket with tassles / reformed vintage
black & white striped tee / OAK
black cutoff denim shorts / no brand
black shredded tights / no brand
black leather boots / US Army surplus
black sunglasses / vintage

IMG_0001
IMG_0003_2
My look of the day today was styled around this great suede jacket I bought at Dongmyo flea market for W3,000 ($3 US). I loved the orange silk lining and I knew immediately that I wanted to add tassels to it. I bought the black suede tassel from Dongdaemun fabric market for W2,000/meter and hand stitched it to the jacket. This took a few hours actually, but if I used a sewing machine I would have had to rip apart the lining and I am not near skilled enough to handle that. I was so happy with the result - it looks very authentic - and I'm totally going to try to find some more old jackets to reform and sell.

The black and white tee is from oaknyc.com which has an amazing box shape the drapes the body very flatteringly. And I love how Hamburglar the prison stripes are.

IMG_0007
IMG_0024
The tights are just shredded women's panty hose which I cut the feet off and layered under a pair of cutoff shorts. Definitely not a warm enough look for the current weather conditions in Seoul but very much okay come spring. I also found these glasses at Dongmyo flea market and I think I paid about W2,000 for them.

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails