Sunday, April 3, 2011

Seoul Fashion Week F/W 2011/12 Day 4 & 5

IMG_1160
I've been so busy with packing & goodbyes & last minute photoshoots &, well fashion week of course that I've been slacking at updating.  BUT I have all day today to bang out as many posts as I can so to start off  here is a quickie recap of Seoul Fashion Week Day 4 & 5.

IMG_0110
I didn't get to see many women's collections both as a choice and because of my schedule, but I'm glad my first viewing was the Johnny Hates Jazz collection held at Kring.  Lucky enough not only was it the best women's show of the season it also ranked up there as one of the top shows of the entire week.

Ridiculous backstage nazi's make it next to impossible to get shots of the models wearing any of the clothing up close (read: I'm not a pervert yo, I'm just doing my job and I will wait outside until the models change but dude, when they are fully changed quit being a total douche & please give me at least 5 minutes backstage before the show starts to get in some quality shots!)

IMG_0098
ANYWAYS I did get a chance to see the rehearsal where this editorial quality floor length fur dress caught my eye.  When the models were getting their hair & makeup done I snuck backstage to get a few shots of the clothes on their hangers & got to touch the dress - chinchilla fur I believe.  The dress was total luxury & entirely unsellable (unlike the rest of the collection) but it looked great on the runway.

IMG_0145
I also got another chance to catch up with 'Style Magazine's' Han Hye Jin / 한혜진 while she was getting a retouch on her makeup. She opened the show for Johnny Hates Jazz and of course made the other girls runway walks look weak in comparison.

IMG_0152
Next on the agenda was Jardin de Chouette who was on the main schedule but was showing off site at a nearby Audi dealership. Unfortunately myself & a lot of other foreign press & buyers never got to see the show because it was VIP invitation only, which in my opinion is an entirely stupid concept if you want the world outside of Korea to notice your clothes. I know it definitely pissed more than a few people off that they had been waiting around for a show only to find out they couldn't enter.

IMG_0189
Then it was off to see Jain Song, a crowd favorite showing back at SETEC. It was a rather understated show with muted colors, slow walking & a soundtrack that was very sullen. A few pieces stood out but overall it was a bit disappointing in comparison to other collections I have seen from this designer.

IMG_0257
On Day 5 I only had a chance to catch the Ha:Sang;Beg show, & after party at the W Hotel's WooBar. Ha:Sang;Beg always knows how to put on a good show & his colors & accessories are always bright, crazy & fun.

IMG_0202
IMG_0239
These tasseled black riding boots were my personal fave and the runway immediately led into a dance performance by these three lovely characters, followed by dj performances by Brandon Neville, Inside Core & Ha:Sang;Beg himself. Fun night with a lot of fun pictures to come.

chingus
I also wanted to give a shout out to my friends Tim, Baek, Cory, Coco & Yuni who came to see a couple of my shows as well as Kyuhee & Christopher who I forgot photograph. Love you guys!

newASVOF09v2
Much more detailed backstage & show updates & reviews to come in the next week or so, but for now check out a few my backstage pics from the Studio Leigh collection on Diane Pernet's uber famous fashion blog 'A Shaded View of Fashion' HERE.

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails