Tuesday, April 19, 2011

chadchad of the day 3.2

IMG_0109

IMG_0114
olive green jumper / Kai-Aakmann
grey tee shit / no brand
drop-crotch galaxy pants / no brand
rain boots / from the farm

Welcome to the Canadian prairies! This shot is taken in the field behind my father's farm half a mile east and half a mile south of Plenty, Saskatchewan, Canada with our basset hound Howard sitting next to me. It's definitely a different lifestyle here than in Seoul, one that I don't think I'm really cut out for anymore. But that said, it's always nice to come home, catch up with family & relax or help out my dad.   I don't get the chance to come home near as often as I should.


View Larger Map
Map of Plenty, Saskatchewan. Population 126.

IMG_0123
An aerial shot of our farm. The farmhouse was built in 1911 by my great-grandfather's uncle.

IMG_0120
I was given this olive green Kai-Aakmann jacket when my friend Cory and I took a street fashion picture for Vogue Girl Korea. It has a cute Kai-Aakmann bat stitched into the back, but I forgot to photograph that. I love the huge skies on the prairies and the long, almost neverending horizon. Views like this are something I miss so much when living in the city.

IMG_0094
These steel-toed rubber boots are kinda badass and are a must to wear on the farm in Canadian spring.  If I can fit them in my luggage I might bring them to conquer the rainy streets of London. It's a late spring in Canada this year with quite cold weather. As I type this blog entry the thermometer reads -2 degrees Celcius.  You can still see snow on some of the hills in the distance.

I bought the galaxy pants two days before leaving Seoul at Doota shopping tower in Dongdaemun & I LOVE them!  I'm always a sucker for drop-crotch pants and I love the galaxy print.  Like I said, skies are huge in the prairies and at night you can see so many more stars than you can when living in a city like Seoul so I thought these would be the perfect match for my first 'chadchad of the day' from the farm.

xoxochadchad

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails