Tuesday, August 9, 2011

want 0.1

Screen shot 2011-08-09 at 6.24.28 PM
I've decided to start writing a new feature on thexoxokids all about my fashion wants. A wish list if you will. Stuff that if I had the disposable money to do so, I would buy and then feature in 'chadchad of the day' outfits.


Screen shot 2011-08-09 at 6.24.45 PM
My first such want are these impeccable jackets by ADRIEN SAUVAGE, a designer from Ghana who's brand A.SAUVAGE was recently picked up by Harrod's department store in London. The first is a digital houndstooth, very bold, very fun, very now and the second is a native patterned tuxedo jacket made from kente, a fabric indigenous to Ghana. Read more about how he photographed his friends and family wearing his recent collection during his first trip home to Ghana in 11 years in this GQ article.


02(1)
01-1(1)
My next want is this neon yellow shirt from Kokon to Zai's AW 2011 collection, and perhaps the platform shoes as well.  I've been featuring KTZ a lot recently, both in outfits of the day and catching them in street fashion pics.  I love the twist on the Palestinian keffiyeh scarf which the pattern is based on which has been so overused as a hipster accessory in the past.  Never thought I would promote that pattern but KTZ did an amazing job of reinterpreting it.


image1xl
Finally are these lovely woven leather shoes from H By Hudson Origen which can be found on ASOS.  They remind me of the mesh slip on shoes my mom used to buy me every summer growing up from the now defunct Canadian store SAAN, but of much better quality of course.  They would look great with a pair of brightly colored shorts with the hems rolled up and a crisp patterned shirt buttoned all the way to the top.  Keep away from the beach though, mesh shoes and sand never mix.  


xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails