Tuesday, January 31, 2012

chadchad of the day 6.3

IMG_0007
cape / Cabane de Zucca
colour block shirt / ASOS
crucifix body chain / no brand
black denim / Topman
suede boots / VanHart Homme
IMG_0018
One trend I've noticed in the FW12 menswear shows coming from Milan & Paris is the sheer volume of capes and poncho's coming down the runway.  From Dior Homme & Calvin Klein Collection to Mugler & Yohji Yamamoto, menswear designers are pushing the image of the caped crusader (though I tend to see them more as the bad guy than the hero out to save the day - an idea that is perfectly outlined in this article entitled 'Winter Villains' written for 1883 Digital).  
IMG_0017
So of course I wanted to try rocking the super villain look myself. I've worn capes before and have had this double breasted number from Japanese label Cabane de Zucca for a few seasons now, but it's been awhile since I dug it out of the back of my closet.  To add to the bad guy mood I styled it with this Jesus crucifix body chain that Burger bought from a jewelry stall at the Sunday Up Market on Brick Lane along with these super high, super cool riding boots.  They were a gift from Korean designer DUYOUNG JUNG after I walked in his VanHart Homme collection during Seoul Fashion Week FW11.  
agnesb_FW12z20 agnesb_FW12u
Agnes B FW12
Screen shot 2012-01-26 at 2.41.07 PM Mugler_FW12i
Mugler FW12
Yohji_FW12z13 Yohji_FW12c
Yohji Yamamoto FW12
CKColl_FW12x CKColl_FW12v
Calvin Klein Collection FW12
Dior_Homme_FW12z21 Dior_Homme_FW12w
Dior Homme FW12
Issey_Miyake_FW12w Etro_FW12z5
Issey Miyake (left) & Etro FW12


xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails