Tuesday, June 28, 2011

chadchad of the day 4.0

marc-cain


striped shirt / vintage Ralph Lauren
magenta shorts / reformed UNIQLO
sky blue socks / Topman
black leather gladiator sandals / Giordano
black sunglasses / Asos
robot tote bag / Marc Cain
braided leather bracelet / Marc Cain

We finally had a few sunny days here in London so you can imagine the entire city was outdoors as much as possible sunbathing and eating their lunches in many of the cities lush green spaces. On my way to Hyde Park yesterday I passed this bronze horse head statue located in the roundabout next to Marble Arch which balances precariously on it's nose.  It was designed by English artist Nic Fiddian-Green and has since become my favorite piece of public art that I've come across so far in London.

IMG_0071

IMG_0011
I was recently sent this adorable robot boy tote bag (which has an amazing hot pink mesh lining!) & braided leather bracelet from German label Marc Cain and I wanted to create an outfit around them.  Thanks to Adeline & the team at Marc Cain for being so generous!  Here are a few pieces from their spring/summer 2011 collection that I found particularly charming:

Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 9.30.27 AM Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 9.29.44 AM

Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 7.23.26 PM Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 7.22.57 PM

Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 9.30.45 AM

IMG_0024
I definitely wanted something bright to go along with the robot bag so I used the bold magenta color of my UNIQLO shorts as a starting point. They were originally a pair of trousers that were on sale for W5000 in Korea, so I bought two pairs and had one tailored into shorts. They matched perfectly with Burger's XL vintage Ralph Lauren striped shirt and these baby blue socks from Topman which I bought in a pack with 4 other pastel colors, perfect for adding a bit of summer into any outfit.

Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 7.32.43 PM

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails