Monday, June 20, 2011

chadchad of the day 3.9

IMG_0001

blue & magenta plaid blazer / Topman
pinstriped denim Mandarin collar shirt / vintage
magenta trousers / UNIQLO
eggplant leather bag / VanHart Homme
eggplant patent leather loafers / Zara
sky blue socks / from Japan

I'm officially a Harrod's department store employee now. I was hired on for temporary retail sales for the duration of the summer sale season which is on now until July 10th. My first day on the shop floor was on Friday and luckily enough I was chosen to work in the Men's Lab, which is a new section in menswear location on the lower ground floor. It created last December "with a young, fashion-conscious male in mind, fusing urban style with a polished aesthetic to create a trend-led offering like never before." Which means I don't have to wear a black or grey suit and tie to work everyday like most of the other members of staff do and I can still be creative with my outfit choices.

IMG_0004
I decided to base my outfit around this leather VanHart Homme bag (even though I wouldn't be wearing it on the sales floor of course) which was a gift from Korean designer Jung Du Young / 정두영 for helping him with a presentation he did before his FW 2011/12 show during Seoul Collection.  The bag along with the bright magenta colored trousers from UNIQLO perfectly brought out the colors of the plaid blazer I borrowed from Burger's closet which I wore over a vintage denim shirt.  The pinstripes and the Mandarine collar of this shirt add a pleasant contract to the plaid.

IMG_0005
To keep with the quirky look of the jacket, I wanted to wear a pair of socks that really popped in both color & pattern.  I found these 'big fish' socks a while back on one of my visa runs to Fukuoka, Japan.  The separated big toe is so you can wear them with wooden sandals.  I love the Japanese sun over Mount Fuji in the background behind the red fish, but unfortunately their days are probably numbered and will probably fall apart after one or two more wears.

xoxochadchad

3 comments:

  1. Hello.
    My name is Kara.I have bought your clothes and accessories at The Flea Market.I want to know is there any other way to buy your design???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I love your style and design so much and I have bought your clothes and accessories from the Flea Market as well, I am wondering is there any other way can buy your design???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kara! I'm selling my stuff on an internet shopping site called ASOS Marketplace in England and we ship anywhere in the world. Here is the site: https://marketplace.asos.com/seller/burgerandfries/collection It's mostly men's clothes but a lot of the stuff I reform is unisex and the accessories are of course for men and women. You can email me for more detail! seechadfly@hotmail.com

    xoxochadchad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails