Saturday, February 11, 2012

1883 Magazine issue 4

covers
Issue 4 of 1883 Magazine is finally out on newsstands in the UK and to celebrate it's release I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite pages.  The TOM HIDDLESTON cover is strong and bold and totally BAM with that Versace jacket, but if I had to choose I would say the second cover with 'The Borgias' actress HOLLIDAY GRAINGER is my favorite.  There's something just so timelessly glamourous about her porcelain skin and ruby red lips with the pink scallop necked Valentino dress, the crystal Cartier earrings and that perfectly tropical handprinted wallpaper in the background (complete with flamingos!)
For those of you overseas itching to get your copy, order it online HERE.
IMG_0071
Next is this article about young actress ELLA PURNELL.  The image is so dreamlike and makes her look much more mature than her fifteen years. The digital print on this dress by Soojin Lee is also a lovely mix of graphic shapes and cartoonish nature.  
IMG_0074
I think this spread of Holliday is absolutely adorable and shows the quirky, fun side we saw of her that day perfectly.  You can see more of the handprinted wallpaper in the dining room of the home we rented for the shoot on the left, which is echoed on the right in the tropical print of the Stella McCartney jacket that our fashion editor FILIPPO GIULIANI had her wear. Also check out some behind the scenes pictures of our shoot with Holliday.
IMG_0076
The cover story for Tom was the first photo shoot I assisted on only a few weeks after I started working at 1883.  We rented this amazing location called The Roost in Dalston and this was also the first time I met KRISTIN VICARI, who shot both our cover stories.  The composition of this double page spread is great - I love the slight tilt of the camera and how the chandelier and the mounted goats head just peek in at the sides.  The Dolce & Gabbana mesh vest top that Tom is rocking is also pretty rad.  
IMG_0077
I am most proud of the page on the right since it's the first printed page for 1883 that I styled solo.  It's for an online editorial I shot called 'Pantone' with this page serving as a sort of advertisement/link to our fashion content on 1883 Digital.  Turkish photographer BEGUM YETIS did an amazing job bringing my idea into fruition and I especially loved  model JAMES COOPER's ginger hair with all this pink.  (jacket by Paul & Joe, jumpsuit by Orschel-Read, sunglasses by Cutler and Gross).
IMG_0078
I'm also pretty psyched about this editorial called 'No Man's Land' which myself and HOLLY OUNSTEAD assisted on, shot by fellow Canadians and a very talented couple named SATY+PRATHA.  The silver triangle necklace that model PAT PIETRZAK wears over a Dior Homme jacket is from our Burger & Fries collection on ASOS Marketplace.  Yay! 
IMG_0081
Another menswear editorial that I got to assist on along with LINDSAY ROBERTSON is this one called 'Kingdom Comedown', shot by HAYLEY LOUISA BROWN.  We struggled getting this one just right in terms of layout and design but I'm pleased with the outcome.  Plus Edmund and Val were very natural and handsome in front of the camera.   
IMG_0082
Finally is the spread for the preview of Vauxhall Fashion Scout AW12 in time for London Fashion Week which we shot again with Kristin Vicari at the Sanderson.  4 models, 15 looks and some very cool props made for a very successful day.  A few of these images are also featured on vogue.co.uk with more going up on vogue.fr and vogue.it within the next week.  I just saw a sneak preview of the video that YEAST LONDON shot of the girls which will be shown on loop in the entrance of VFS - it's totally going to knock your socks off and I can't wait to share it with you.


xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails