Monday, October 17, 2011

want 0.5: ln-cc

ets030002nat_01_medium
I haven't made a list of 'wants' in a while, probably because I'm trying to save money for my ticket home to Canada at Christmas and looking at clothes online gives me spending urges that are sometimes a challenge to stop. Today's 'want' is all found in one store in London, and that is LN-CC. I first visited their showroom in Dalston a few days before fashion week when they had a Sasquatch Fabrix & Inou Brothers private viewing. The interior consists of seven concept rooms including a club room and a library full of rare books and vinyl and they carry everyone from Dries Van Noten and Junya Watanabe to Linda Farrow and Commes des Garcons.

These Richelieu flat shoes by ETS Callatay were one of the first things to jump out at me when I was in the store. They look like they were made out of very thin wood, but actually the entire shoe is handmade using natural colored leather including the laces and the sole. Each shoe takes about 25 hours to make.

ill030032drk_01_medium
I'm also really digging these brown tortoiseshell 'Meyer' sunglasses from Illesteva, another French brand, which I found after searching through their web shop. I love the thick arms and the cut out space between the top ridge and the bridge of the nose.

sku030001col_01_medium
Perhaps the most exquisite piece that I'm drooling over is this beaded 'Huichol' skull from a limited collection by Our Exquisite Corpse. The Huichol people live in the Sierra Madre Mountains of Western Mexico and have a long history of creating beaded art. Last I checked 7 out of 8 of the skulls in this collection were sold out, including the image I've shown here.  I guess I won't be getting that Mexican beaded skull I wanted for Christmas after all :(

xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails