Saturday, April 28, 2012

FW12/13 Press Days Part 2

IMG_3402 IMG_3403
I wrote a similar blog post yesterday for 1883 Digital (Check it out HERE) talking about some of my favorite picks from various press days around London, but I still have more I want to share.  Starting with Black Frame who carry Kenzo, a brand I've only recently fallen in love with.


Designed this season by Humberto Leon and Carol Lim, co-founders of New York's Opening Ceremony, the Kenzo man wore a lot of deep, saturated tones with pops of bright orange not to mention some luminescent green thick rubber soled shoes.  I especially loved the mirrored sunglasses with clear toned frames and the all over print outfit on the right.  
IMG_3410 IMG_3412
Black Frame also carried the fun and quirky Meadham Kirchhoff whose accessories for her latest collection are straight out of Sesame Street on an LSD trip.  Another accessory designer that I am now obsessed with is Delfina Delettrez - these baroque dollhouse-like mirror earrings are super charming and very editorial.  
IMG_3471
Finch & Partners PR now carry footwear by a designer called Alejandro Ingelmo, known more for his women's designs but who has recently been getting a lot of talk about his mens designs as well.  I especially liked these patent leather lace-ups with thick white soles.  
IMG_3542
My goal this spring is to find a pair of jelly shoes in a US size 12, which I'm guessing is going to be a challenge.  Why do I always find women's shoes that with a slight tweak would make excellent shoes for myself?  I just love the retro vibe that these Juju jellies (seen at Coffin on Cake's press day) throw off, along with the minimalist clear aesthetic.  One day I will also hopefully find a pair of clear plastic lace-ups, which I've been dreaming about for years.  
IMG_3393
Yet more black pony skin this season, this time seen on a pair of slippers by Marc Cain at the Task PR press day.  Also another pair of women's shoes that could easily translate into menswear but would be very hard to find. I really need to become a shoe designer or something! 
IMG_3556 IMG_3558
Last but not least is Eskimo PR who served a lovely breakfast at  their press day yesterday. Two things that stood out most for me were this deer skin (I'm going to tell myself it wasn't Bambi) vest handmade in Britain by Fallow.  I also loved these round frame Andy Wolf sunglasses - with mirrored lenses similar to those seen at Kenzo.  


xoxochadchad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails